Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Pottawatomi County Berries and Jam

No time to write; been making jam for days: raspberry, gooseberry, blackberry, rasp-goose, black-goose, rasp-black-goose.
To be honest, I've never had blackberries before and the mashed juice isn't the same brilliant purples of my own black raspberries....more lilacgraypurpleblack. GOTH Purple!
and my freaking fingers are SORE!
All of these berries have radical thorns, but my expression must of been dumbfounded when a friend told me to use a stick--'to lift the branch while you pluck'!
All I can say is 'for cryinoutloud, I must be an idiot'--even chimpanzees used a stick as a tool. I am sheepishly ashamed!
However, despite covering my legs, the thorns still draw blood, but its worth the taste of all the jars of jam cooling on my counter (and the pies)!

No comments:

Post a Comment