Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sugar Mill Wasteland

Aaarrgghh! This place looks awesome; I've looked forward to photos for 6 months; now I walk up and find I can't get close enough! The fogcloud is brewing on the nearby mountain top so I don't have much time between the next shower; Pioneer trucks keep driving around me on this little red-mud road--which probably means I'd be caught at the top of a 7' fence--alas!



















I'd probably be scared to go inside anyway, but I really want details before the jungle takes over more metal in the next few years...I'd just stick my arm in a broken window and snap pics...oh trash, oh rust, oh devastation and the effects of time--woe is me!



I only want you for some pen drawings later this year....










After much deliberation, I am not sure I would want to go snooping around this place up close--I remember the water systems from the 1900's on Oahu (Monsanto ground) and the depth those huge, ancient tubes run--wouldn't want to fall in a hole or well or crash through some rotted wood, break a leg and be 'Lost' forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment